You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to Pure-Reptiles. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

peterG

Trainee

• "peterG" started this thread

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 9:57pm

Tropidophis wrigthi update

Hello all,

Thougth i would give you an update on how the litter of wrigthi are doing.
There first feed where dead lugubris babies, sow when all 6 ate a couple of them dead as there first meal, i was relived :)

After some feedings with dead lugubris, i tried scenting legs, tails from rat pinkies, they ate that as well :)

Some feedings later i thougth i would try and feed them with scented dead pinkie mice ( scented with geckos )
And all 6 have been eathing that for the last, 4 months or sow, and all have shed numorous times and have really grow, especially after taking pinkie mice :)

A few pictures aswell,

Ohhh and in stead of starting a new thread i will throw this picture in here aswell, out of my 0.0.11 litter fordii only 3 are not feeding on either dead or live pinkie mice :)

enjoy,

Kind regards
Peter

lj-bü

Master

Monday, June 29th 2015, 7:26am

Not my kind of snakes, but it is always good to see something beyond the ball python horizon. Do mice work out good for them on the long run?
He's an idiot, he's a loser, he's scum
he'll take advantage of everyone

Manni

Administrator

Monday, June 29th 2015, 8:22am

Hello Peter,
really a nice work. Fantastic and rare snakes you show us here.
Congratulation and thank's for sharing.

regards Manni

Monday, June 29th 2015, 9:01pm

Very nice!!!
www.becks-reptiles.de

pat-angkor

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 9:11pm

Hi Peter,

congrats to this success on the long run. :thumbsup:
The first months are the hardest for the West Indian Boas, so I 'll keep my fingers crossed, that all will develop well in the future, too. But you did make the hardest steps allready, so I am not worried at all.

Please give us some updates from time to time. ;)

Best regards, patrick

keine-beine

Intermediate

Wednesday, July 1st 2015, 7:17pm

Nice little snakes.
Thanx for showing them.
Regards
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake. (W. C. Fields)

peterG

Trainee

• "peterG" started this thread

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 11:08am

Quoted

Not my kind of snakes, but it is always good to see something beyond the ball python horizon. Do mice work out good for them on the long run?

I can definently agree with you there, there are sow much out there beyond the ball python horizon. Time will tell how they will cope with the diet of mice, for now i am just pleased that they are sow easy to work with.

Quoted

Hello Peter,
really a nice work. Fantastic and rare snakes you show us here.
Congratulation and thank's for sharing.

Hello Manni,

Thanks for the cind words, they have become one of my favourite Tropidophis, a beutifull littel boa.

Quoted

Hi Peter,

congrats to this success on the long run. :thumbsup:
The first months are the hardest for the West Indian Boas, so I 'll keep my fingers crossed, that all will develop well in the future, too. But you did make the hardest steps allready, so I am not worried at all.

Please give us some updates from time to time. ;)

Hello Patrick,

Thanks, that is true the first months are the hardest, when it comes to my fordii ( and my other species ), then i dont hesitate too long to beging assist feeding them. they are sow small and have nothing to get stared on, in the early months. I will post some updates from time to time.

Again thanks for the cind words, to all.

Kind regards

Peter