Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 10:58

A few epicrates babies from last year.

Hello All,

I thougth i would start of with some pictures of the WI Epicrates i produced last year.

Female giving birth,

The female ate the dead babies,

The litter of Epicrates striatus fowleri

A litter of Epicrates inornatus,

and a litter of Epicrates fordii,

Hope you all will enjoy, my first post.

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:07

Hello Peter,
nice to see/ read you here mate:thumbsup:
I know at least one person that will be pleased to see your inornatus (Patrick;-))!

Hope you all will enjoy, my first post.

I think there i can speak for all. With photos of these beautys everyone is happy with your first post here.

I think you will feel comfortable here!
Best regards René

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ReNe81« (2. August 2013, 11:17)

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:11

By the way....
Do the west indian Epicrates species often eat the dead babys?
I have read that it could happen by Eunectes and Sandboa species .
In the Genius Epicrates it was new to me.

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:47

Hello Peter,
welcome on board. fantastic snakes.
Thanks for sharing.

best regards Manni

pat-angkor

Beruf: Student

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 12:24

I know at least one person that will be pleased to see your inornatus (Patrick;-))!

:thumbsup:

Hi Peter,

really stunning animals. Thanks alot for sharing the pictures with us. :wie-geil:
Especially the E. inornatus are definitly one of my favourite species of West-Indian-Boas. Really looking forwand to Keep those one day (and E. fordii of course 8) ).

Best regards
Patrick

Phil91

Beruf: Student - Lehramt in Bonn

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 14:56

:welcome: Peter,

beautiful Epicrates you have, especially the little fordiis :thumbup:

Best regards

Phil
"Ich bin durchaus kein Zyniker;

ich habe nur meine Erfahrungen, was allerdings ungefähr auf dasselbe hinauskommt."

- Oscar Wilde -

Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 22:26

Hello All,

René thanks for telling me about the forum, i do feel comfortable here.

"By the way....
Do the west indian Epicrates species often eat the dead babys?
I have read that it could happen by Eunectes and Sandboa species .
In the Genius Epicrates it was new to me."

It is also new to me, i was just Lucky to be there at the rigth moment.

"Especially the E. inornatus are definitly one of my favourite species of West-Indian-Boas. Really looking forwand to Keep those one day "

Patrick you are in luck, i still have some babies left from last year :) ,

Thanks for the cind Words, more pictures will be posted :)

Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 12:46

Epicrates fordii are very nice :thumbsup:

pat-angkor

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 19:31

"Especially the E. inornatus are definitly one of my favourite species of West-Indian-Boas. Really looking forwand to Keep those one day "

Patrick you are in luck, i still have some babies left from last year ,

Hi Peter,

thank you.
I will definitely contact you when i got the possibility to keep them. Hope to be ready for this in about two years. 8) :D

Best regards
Patrick

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 13:02

Beautiful babies Peter,

have you already heard that some of the Epicrates are renamed and now called Chilabothrus?

http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/pdfs/…al_2013.MPE.pdf
Viele Grüße,
Peer

Freitag, 16. August 2013, 18:34

Hello All,

Thanks Again for the kind Words :)

Zitat

Hi Peter,

thank you.
I will definitely contact you when i got the possibility to keep them. Hope to be ready for this in about two years. 8) :D

Best regards
Patrick

Patrick, now you know where you could get your hands on some when the time comes :D

It wount be the last time i breed them, i will try and get some Pictures of the adults, there is really a lot of collor variation amongst them.

Zitat

Beautiful babies Peter,

have you already heard that some of the Epicrates are renamed and now called Chilabothrus?

http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/pdfs/…al_2013.MPE.pdf

Thanks, i have seen the article, was sendt it from others with an intrest in these species, i am proberly a bit slow when it comes to new names, i have called the Epicrates for so long now :)

But i will remeber it in the futher. Still havent worked out how to qoute your replys :D

pat-angkor

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 16. August 2013, 19:10

Zitat

Patrick, now you know where you could get your hands on some when the time comes :D

It wount be the last time i breed them, i will try and get some Pictures of the adults, there is really a lot of collor variation amongst them.

Hi Peter,

of course i will come back to your offer. In my oinion, the E. inornatus (for me ist still Epicrates... :D ) are some of the most interesting species of this genus.
Love their beautiful coloration, even when its mostly brownish... :D But i definitly got a passion for them.

Can you tell me something about your adults, regarding size, eating behaviour or activitiy and so on?
I would appreciate it. ;)

Best regards, patrick

Sonntag, 18. August 2013, 21:29

Zitat

Hi Peter,

of course i will come back to your offer. In my oinion, the E. inornatus (for me ist still Epicrates... :D ) are some of the most interesting species of this genus.
Love their beautiful coloration, even when its mostly brownish... :D But i definitly got a passion for them.

Can you tell me something about your adults, regarding size, eating behaviour or activitiy and so on?
I would appreciate it. ;)

Best regards, patrick

Hello Patric,

I can relate to your passion for the inornatus :D .

I really enjoy having them in my collection, about there size, then i will say my biggest animals are around 140 cm, ( i must point out that i am not good when it comes to measuring ) the females being somwhat larger then the males, but one of my adult males is almost as big as a female, so there is always the odd animal :)

When it comes to feeding, then they are true monsters, they are always hungry and each time i pull out the box, they think it is feeding time. Movement orientated, so somthing as giving them fresh water can be a challenge, stoped counting the times i have spilled all the water on the floor :) i wount call them agresive, as they seem to be so interested in feeding, they sometimes mistake the water dish as somthing they migth could eat.
Werry curious, and i would belive if they where handeld from youngsters then they would most likely calm down, i dont handle mine unless nececary,

Regarding activity, then it may be hard to say as i keep them in boxes. If they where held in an terrarium then they would most likely use branches, they do clime in nature ( into caves and cathing bats in mid air )

A great species to work with, and one wich i will continue to keep for the next many years. As you say then they are mostly brownish, but when i get some Pictures taken of mine then i can show the varition amongst them.

Hope it helped you, dont hesitate to ask if you have other questions.

Kind regards

Peter