Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Pure-Reptiles. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 10:58

A few epicrates babies from last year.

Hello All,

I thougth i would start of with some pictures of the WI Epicrates i produced last year.

Female giving birth,

The female ate the dead babies,

The litter of Epicrates striatus fowleri

A litter of Epicrates inornatus,

and a litter of Epicrates fordii,

Hope you all will enjoy, my first post.

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:07

Hello Peter,
nice to see/ read you here mate:thumbsup:
I know at least one person that will be pleased to see your inornatus (Patrick;-))!

Hope you all will enjoy, my first post.

I think there i can speak for all. With photos of these beautys everyone is happy with your first post here.

I think you will feel comfortable here!
Best regards René

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ReNe81« (2. August 2013, 11:17)

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:11

By the way....
Do the west indian Epicrates species often eat the dead babys?
I have read that it could happen by Eunectes and Sandboa species .
In the Genius Epicrates it was new to me.

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:47

Hello Peter,
welcome on board. fantastic snakes.
Thanks for sharing.

best regards Manni

pat-angkor

Beruf: Student

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 12:24

I know at least one person that will be pleased to see your inornatus (Patrick;-))!

:thumbsup:

Hi Peter,

really stunning animals. Thanks alot for sharing the pictures with us. :wie-geil:
Especially the E. inornatus are definitly one of my favourite species of West-Indian-Boas. Really looking forwand to Keep those one day (and E. fordii of course 8) ).

Best regards
Patrick

Phil91

Beruf: Student - Lehramt in Bonn

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 14:56

:welcome: Peter,

beautiful Epicrates you have, especially the little fordiis :thumbup:

Best regards

Phil
"Ich bin durchaus kein Zyniker;

ich habe nur meine Erfahrungen, was allerdings ungefähr auf dasselbe hinauskommt."

- Oscar Wilde -

Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 22:26

Hello All,

René thanks for telling me about the forum, i do feel comfortable here.

"By the way....
Do the west indian Epicrates species often eat the dead babys?
I have read that it could happen by Eunectes and Sandboa species .
In the Genius Epicrates it was new to me."

It is also new to me, i was just Lucky to be there at the rigth moment.

"Especially the E. inornatus are definitly one of my favourite species of West-Indian-Boas. Really looking forwand to Keep those one day "

Patrick you are in luck, i still have some babies left from last year :) ,

Thanks for the cind Words, more pictures will be posted :)

Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 12:46

Epicrates fordii are very nice :thumbsup:

pat-angkor

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 19:31

"Especially the E. inornatus are definitly one of my favourite species of West-Indian-Boas. Really looking forwand to Keep those one day "

Patrick you are in luck, i still have some babies left from last year ,

Hi Peter,

thank you.
I will definitely contact you when i got the possibility to keep them. Hope to be ready for this in about two years. 8) :D

Best regards
Patrick

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 13:02

Beautiful babies Peter,

have you already heard that some of the Epicrates are renamed and now called Chilabothrus?

http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/pdfs/…al_2013.MPE.pdf
Viele Grüße,
Peer

Freitag, 16. August 2013, 18:34

Hello All,

Thanks Again for the kind Words :)

Zitat

Hi Peter,

thank you.
I will definitely contact you when i got the possibility to keep them. Hope to be ready for this in about two years. 8) :D

Best regards
Patrick

Patrick, now you know where you could get your hands on some when the time comes :D

It wount be the last time i breed them, i will try and get some Pictures of the adults, there is really a lot of collor variation amongst them.

Zitat

Beautiful babies Peter,

have you already heard that some of the Epicrates are renamed and now called Chilabothrus?

http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/pdfs/…al_2013.MPE.pdf

Thanks, i have seen the article, was sendt it from others with an intrest in these species, i am proberly a bit slow when it comes to new names, i have called the Epicrates for so long now :)

But i will remeber it in the futher. Still havent worked out how to qoute your replys :D

pat-angkor

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 16. August 2013, 19:10

Zitat

Patrick, now you know where you could get your hands on some when the time comes :D

It wount be the last time i breed them, i will try and get some Pictures of the adults, there is really a lot of collor variation amongst them.

Hi Peter,

of course i will come back to your offer. In my oinion, the E. inornatus (for me ist still Epicrates... :D ) are some of the most interesting species of this genus.
Love their beautiful coloration, even when its mostly brownish... :D But i definitly got a passion for them.

Can you tell me something about your adults, regarding size, eating behaviour or activitiy and so on?
I would appreciate it. ;)

Best regards, patrick

Sonntag, 18. August 2013, 21:29

Zitat

Hi Peter,

of course i will come back to your offer. In my oinion, the E. inornatus (for me ist still Epicrates... :D ) are some of the most interesting species of this genus.
Love their beautiful coloration, even when its mostly brownish... :D But i definitly got a passion for them.

Can you tell me something about your adults, regarding size, eating behaviour or activitiy and so on?
I would appreciate it. ;)

Best regards, patrick

Hello Patric,

I can relate to your passion for the inornatus :D .

I really enjoy having them in my collection, about there size, then i will say my biggest animals are around 140 cm, ( i must point out that i am not good when it comes to measuring ) the females being somwhat larger then the males, but one of my adult males is almost as big as a female, so there is always the odd animal :)

When it comes to feeding, then they are true monsters, they are always hungry and each time i pull out the box, they think it is feeding time. Movement orientated, so somthing as giving them fresh water can be a challenge, stoped counting the times i have spilled all the water on the floor :) i wount call them agresive, as they seem to be so interested in feeding, they sometimes mistake the water dish as somthing they migth could eat.
Werry curious, and i would belive if they where handeld from youngsters then they would most likely calm down, i dont handle mine unless nececary,

Regarding activity, then it may be hard to say as i keep them in boxes. If they where held in an terrarium then they would most likely use branches, they do clime in nature ( into caves and cathing bats in mid air )

A great species to work with, and one wich i will continue to keep for the next many years. As you say then they are mostly brownish, but when i get some Pictures taken of mine then i can show the varition amongst them.

Hope it helped you, dont hesitate to ask if you have other questions.

Kind regards

Peter